Saturday, March 9, 2013

Picture Time

 Ferdinand e Isabel, two of many sculpted in a three-story atrium.
Most are kings, queens, and celebrated generals.

The anterior walls of the city´s large Catholic church

The entrance to the atrium. The city isn´t protected by a patron saint,
like many others, but angels.

The view of Tortosa from one of the castle viewpoints

Another view, the main edifice is the church
One of Francine´s gatos, probably searching for food

The largest orange I´ve held. This one orange was
enough for a whole glass of juice.
As promised, here are shots of everyday life here in Tortosa, Catalonia, Spain, thus far.


View of the Ebro River, a very important one in regards to Spain´s maritime history, going back to Viking use.

A pizza Lyne and I made, with tomatoes the neighbors gave us,
organic broccoli, freshly grated goat cheese, organic seared artichoke,
and fresh-picked wild asaparagus. ¡Buen provecho!

View from the top of one of the olive trees I pruned

Las montañas de Tortosa

Teresa insisted on taking a picture of me pruning. I´m being safe,
I promise. And I only acted like a monkey once (twice).



A walk up to one of 4 Tortosa castles

The main house of the farm

Calilou, being playful as ever

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos! You are going to have so many fun new recipes to share. Have you done any watering by bucket yet?? Give all the animals a pat for me!

    ReplyDelete